**Heads up: Surf City Families — this event isn’t in Huntington Beach, but I thought you might be interested.**
DID YOU KNOW?
The average Jack-O-Lantern carries about 250 candies — about 9,000 calories and three pounds of sugar.
Pretend City in Irvine invites you to Free Dental Screenings for Children. CHECK YOUR KIDS TEETH, BEFORE THEY DEVOUR THE TREATS. Free screenings on FRIDAY, OCT. 29 10am-12nn at Pretend City, Irvine.
According to the official press release: At the event, you can:
· Find out the worst Halloween candy for children’s teeth.
· Get great ideas for treats other than candy this Halloween.
· Find out ways to limit your child’s candy intake.
Dental screenings are being provided by Dr. John DeLorme and Dr. Sam Wu DDS of South OC Dental Group Pediatric Dentistry, as part of the Good to Go From Head to Toe initiative at Pretend City Museum, 29 Hubble Dr. Irvine, CA 92618
Here’s some more info:
* Curious George Costume Party will be taking place at the museum with kids dressed up in costume and trick-or-treating throughout the museum.
* See the NEW Curious George traveling exhibit.
* Early Literacy Program volunteers will be reading to kids while they wait for their screenings.
* Kids decorating pumpkins in the art studio.
* The dental screenings are free, but do not include admission to the museum.
* Dental screenings take about 10 minutes per child and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis during the 2-hour time period.