Today is Small Business Saturday, a day to support small businesses on one of the busiest shopping weekends of the year. Shopping local helps fuel the economy. Here are suggestions on how you can support Small Business Saturday in Huntington Beach.
1. Pamper Yourself. Whether it’s a mani/pedi or a massage, Huntington Beach offers many choices. I personally get my pedicures at Nail Time on Atlanta (in the Albertson’s shopping center) and sometimes, I go across the street to Happiness Nails and Spa also on Atlanta (in the Vons shopping center). For massages, you can get the inexpensive yet good reflexology type treatments at Divine Foot Spa (on Beach and Garfield), Pure Sole (Beach and Garfield) or the Hudson Wellness Center (Atlanta and Magnolia).
2. Shop for Kids Clothes and Toys at Indie Boutiques. For the cutest fashions and unique gift items for children, visit Rascals to Rebels on Yorktown Ave. Last year, we held a fun event at Rascals to Rebels. And if you want toys, then Bears, Buddies and Toys on Adams at Brookhurst, is THE place to go. That’s where we launched our blog just over a year ago! This is my go to place for birthday party gifts. I like how it is small yet has a good selection of items, really friendly service, and complimentary gift wrapping.
3. Have a Cup of Coffee and Conversation. Call that friend you’ve been meaning to meet with but this time, skip the local Starbucks and instead check out one of our fine local coffeeshops like Mr. P’s on Beach at Atlanta, Sit Stay Cafe (formerly Cafe Enchante) or Monkey House Cafe on Beach, which has some pretty good sandwiches too.
4. Go for a Sweet Treat. If coffee is not your cup of tea, then how about a cupcake date? There is the ever reliable Lucci’s Deli (and Bakery!) on Adams, the delicious TomGirl Baking Company (also on Adams by the Smart and Final) or try the new Bubba Sweets on Bolsa Chica. You can also go for an ice cream sandwich at The Scoop on Cookies downtown or Mangiamo Gelato, which has a cafe on Main Street and also a new one on Warner.
5. Shop Downtown. With many options for dining and shopping whether its for souvenir type items or skate and surf wear, then Downtown Huntington Beach is the place to go. And did I mention Santa’ll be there tonight?