Sealegs Wine Bar in Huntington Beach will offer surf fans the intimate experience of mingling with top surfers from around the world while wining and dining in Surf City, home of the 2014 Vans US Open of Surfing. Starting on Tuesday, July 29th, surfers competing in the US Open of Surf will put their wine and beer knowledge to the test, as SeaLegs Wine Bar owners Alicia Whitney and Lisa Nonemaker host nightly events featuring surfing champs as “celebrity” winetenders, powered by Group Y, during the week-long competition. “Undeniably, the US Open is a daytime experience, but when the sun sets, where could fans go to continue their experience while sampling wine varietals and beer styles?,” asks SeaLegs Wine Bar Co-Owner Alicia Whitney. “With our location adjacent to US Open activities, we’re the prime destination to continue the entertainment and celebrate surfing stars from around the world.”
Here’s the schedule”
· Tuesday, July 29 will feature the official doctor of the US Open – Dr. Bryan Doonan and more
· Wednesday, July 30 will be All-Girls Night at SeaLegs Wine Bar, featuring the Roxy Surf Team, including Lisa Andersen, Roxy team riders, B4BC and others.
· Thursday, July 31, we all become mates, as SeaLegs Wine Bar declares Australian Night and turns tending over to a handful of Australian surfers to include “PT” Peter Townend and others.
· Friday, Aug. 1 will fly high as Red Bull night with legendary BMX pros Corey Bohan and Mike “Hucker” Clark.
· Saturday, Aug. 2, Southern California native Benji Weatherley closes out the week with some surprise guests.
The surfers-turned-winetenders will be serving up libations from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
For more information on the US Open of Surfing winetender nights hosted by SeaLegs Wine Bar, visit SeaLegsWine.com, Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeaLegsWineBar) or follow @Sealegswinebar on Instagram. SeaLegs Wine Bar is located at 21022 Beach Blvd., No. 105 in Huntington Beach, and opens its doors every day during these hours:
• Monday-Friday: 4 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
• Saturday: 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
• Happy Hour: Monday-Friday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• Sunday: 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.