Guest Editor Lauren Gruel shares her top picks for breakfast in Huntington Beach.
1. If you’re in the mood for an amazing breakfast burrito make your way down to 17th street to Fiesta Grill. Oh my word will your taste buds go nuts. My order always consists of: Chorizo, eggs, potatoes, beans, cheese and I drench it with their amazing pico de gallo salsa.
2. In the mood for something sweet? The Donuttery on the corner of Slater and Beach will satisfy that sweet tooth, not only are they open 24/7 (score) but they have a red velvet donut smothered in a cream cheese frosting that will blow your mind! If red velvet isn’t your thing, opt in for the drool-worthy cinnamon cronut.
3. Who doesn’t crave the quint essential neighborhood breakfast and lunch joint? Serving breakfast through the afternoon, Ohana Bread Crumb Cafe stands apart from other breakfast joints with its Hawaiian inspired over the top menu. Sandwiches and french toast made with sweet and rich Hawaiian bread and arguably SoCals best loco moco are all worthy of a food porn title.
4. For coffee and muffin lovers head back downtown to 11th and Orange and find nestled within the charm of downtown HB Sit Stay Cafe. If it’s fuel you’re looking for, they have great coffee. But if you’re a muffin lover like me, get your game on with some oversized baked goods. My favorite is the blueberry muffin, when they ask if you want it toasted your answer should always be YES.
5. For those elegant Sunday’s when you have a babysitter and an itch for Sunday Funday, drop your anchor at Sealegs. Bottomless mimosas and a seasonally changing brunch menu can’t be beat. Sealegs Winebar is located at Beach and Atlanta.