In case you haven’t heard the jets flying overhead yet, Surf City Family is happy to let you know that it’s Huntington Beach Airshow weekend! The second annual Breitling Huntington Beach Airshow will soar over the ocean in Huntington Beach on Sept. 29, 30 and Oct. 1. For information, visit hbairshow.com
- Here are some things you need to know:
This year’s Airshow features the Navy Blue Angels and the Royal Canadian Air Force Snowbirds and numerous other performers. The flying takes place from noon – 4pm, and the Airshow is free!
Great first day of action! Bring on an awesome weekend @hbairshow through the weekend tag us in your posts if you get any shots of the airshow with our lifeguards or towers in the photos! Can’t wait to see them! #hbairshow #lifeguard #hblifeguard #blueangels #hbpier #weekend #huntingtonbeach #huntingtonbeachpier
- Some of the performers include Breitling’s David Martin, an F-16 Viper demonstration, Lucas Oil Aerobatics’ Mike Wiskus, an F-35A Lightning II and more.
- Huntington Surf and Sport designed the official souvenir T-shirt.
- This year, you can enjoy a cold beer on the beach while watching the airshow at the Corona Sand Bar, proudly serving Corona and Pacifico Beer. The Corona Sand Bar is located south of the pier.
- There are some cool exhibits at Pier Plaza this year, in the “Airshow Festival.” Be sure to check out exciting displays and demos from Airstream, Boeing, Suzuki, Pioneer Electronics, and more. There will also be an Airshow STEM Center (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) with rockets, model aircraft, a flight simulator and more.
Ruby’s Diner and Drive thru… #hb #hbairshow #huntington #huntingtonbeach #blueangels #f18 #orangecounty #flyby #canon #canon6d #canon_official #canonphotography #california #pacific #surflinelocalpro #surfcityusa #surfcity #yourweekendsucks #rubys #eyewitnessnews #eyewitness #socialabsorption #71in17
- Parking is going to be challenging. There are city and state beach parking lots along Pacific Coast Highway. Parking will be $15 on Friday and $30 on Saturday and Sunday.
- There will be a rideshare drop-off spot at Huntington Street and Pacific Coast Highway. Both Uber and Lyft are offering discounts for first time users. Here are the links: https://www.lyft.com/invite/hbairshow17 https://get.uber.com/go/hbairshow
- The complimentary Surf City USA Shuttle City Loop will be making 13 stops throughout the city and will be running 8:30am – 10pm throughout the Airshow. For more information visit surfcityusa.com/shuttle
- When you visit your favorite downtown merchants and you can’t find parking or a bike lock, look no further, your answer is below. Free Bike Valet this weekend. If you can’t find parking or a bike look, try the Free Bike Valet located on the 2nd block of Main St.
- Restaurants on Main Street, 5th and PCH, and in Pacific City will be open throughout the weekend. In addition to the beach concessions including Jack’s, Naugles and Dwight’s, there will be food trucks spread throughout the venue including Dogzilla, Ninjas with Appetite, The Cut Truck, Burnt Truck, Cousin’s Main Lobster. Ruby’s Diner will also be serving food at the Airshow Festival.
- Proceeds from the Airshow benefit the Aerospace Education Foundation of Huntington Beach, a non-profit dedicated to garnering new interest in the aerospace field and empowering youth to pioneer the next generation of aviation. The Foundation plans to accomplish this with scholarships, grants and mentoring programs to help youth follow their dreams in aeronautics or aviation.
- Here’s a map of the HBAirshow: