Our favorite local charity event is here! It’s the Taste of Huntington Beach this Sunday. We hope you can join us at the HB Sports Complex as we eat, drink and give – to benefit the Children’s Library, a Surf City Family favorite! Look for the Surf City Family booth (hint: it will be at the back of the tent, next to TeaArias) What an awesome way to support the library, local businesses and the community! Get your tickets at tastehb.com
- Some Tips to Remember:
- Have a designated driver, ride your bike, or take an Uber or Lyft. There’ll be 17 wineries and 18 breweries there!
- Wear your stretchy pants and comfy shoes. There’ll be 40 restaurants there so get ready to enjoy all the tastes and sips.
- While the beneficiary is the Children’s Library, the Taste of Huntington Beach isn’t really for kids – plus if you’re bringing you young ones, you’ll have to pay FULL PRICE for anyone over 3 years old!
- If you MUST bring your infant or toddler, please note STROLLERS are NOT ALLOWED at the Taste of HB -because it is, after all, a SPORTS FIELD.
- NO DOGS ALLOWED – come on, it’s a food event. Exceptions will be made for SERVICE DOGS (and by SERVICE, we mean LICENSED AND TRAINED SERVICE DOGS as defined by ADA) PLEASE note: “Emotional support animals, comfort animals, and therapy dogs are not service animals under Title II and Title III of the ADA.”
- You can bring picnic blankets and chairs but no Pop-Ups or Easy-Ups allowed.
- Learn more about TasteHB details here.
Now for the good stuff, straight from the official press release:
The delicious and oh-so-fun 18th Annual Taste of Huntington Beach is around the corner. The Annual Taste of Huntington Beach will take place on Sunday, April 29 at the HB Sports Complex; 18100 Goldenwest Ave., Huntington Beach 92648. The event is held from noon to 4pm, with an exclusive VIP reception from 11am-12 noon. The Taste of Huntington Beach showcases the best local culinary talents and the region’s top wineries and breweries. For one all-inclusive price, attendees enjoy unlimited samples and sips from some of the area’s finest establishments. All proceeds from the event go to the Children’s Department of the Huntington Beach Public Library.
This year’s celebrity guest is Sir Bruno Serato, chef-owner of the famous Anaheim White House and a longtime Huntington Beach-resident. He is recognized internationally for his work feeding underprivileged children. He and his mother Caterina co-founded Caterina’s Club, an award-winning nonprofit that provides warm meals, affordable housing assistance and job training to homeless and low-income families throughout Southern California. At the Taste of Huntington Beach, Sir Bruno Serato will meet and mingle with guests and sign copies of his new book, “The Power of Pasta: A Celebrity Chef’s Mission to Feed America’s Hungry Children.”
Popular local band The Ramsey Brothers will perform classic rock and pop tunes.
Since 2001, The Friends of the Children’s Library and the HB Restaurant Association have helped the Taste of Huntington Beach raise over $550,000 for the HB Children’s Library!
Which restaurants will take the top prizes? Which wines will win? How many friends will you see once again at the Sports Complex? Be sure to check out for tastehb.com for information and tickets.
Below is a list of participating restaurants, breweries and wineries (as of April 27)
2nd Floor Food*Art*Drinks
Avila’s El Ranchito
BLK Earth Sea Spirits
Board & Brew
Cruisers Pizza Bar Grill
Duke’s Huntington Beach
Lazy Dog Café
Legend’s Surf City
Mom Yvonne’s Candy
Pete’s Sunset Grille
Ritter’s Steam Kettle Cooking
Tanner’s – Pasea Hotel & Spa
The Cure Kitchen and Bar
The Longboard Restaurant
The Public House
Ways & Means Oyster House
Surf City Still Works
Ola Mexican Kitchen
Lucci’s Gourmet Deli
Catalina Island Brewing
Craft Brewing Company
Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
Four Sons Brewing
MerchanD du Vin
The Dudes Beer
Towne Park Brewery & Tap Room
Honey Pot Meadery
Lucero Vineyards & Winery
Orange Coast Winery
Rutherford Wine Company
San Antonio Winery
Scout & Cellar
Tackitt Family Vineyards
We Believe Wines
Wilson Creek Winery
Blue Flame Coffee
Taste of Huntington Beach tickets can be purchased at the Children’s Department of the HB Library and online at TasteHB.com. (American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover accepted)
General Admission tickets are $70
Includes four fun-filled hours of:
– Unlimited tastes of food from 50 of the best local eateries
– Sips from California and boutique wineries
– Samples from premium and craft breweries
– Live entertainment, silent auction and raffle
– Free parking at the HB Sports Complex
VIP tickets are $90
Includes all the General Admission perks, plus:
– Exclusive VIP reception from 11 AM-12 Noon
featuring food and champagne available only to our VIPs
– VIP tote bag, party plate, commemorative glass wine glass, other special VIP perks and free valet parking
– 30-minute early entry into the main Taste tent
Reduced price General Admission and VIP tickets are available for group ticket purchases (10 + tickets at one time) and Designated Drivers (must be 21+ to enter with a designated driver ticket – these are only available online.)
For more ticket options and other information, visit: tastehb.com