(Huntington Beach, CA) Sept. 20, 2016 – With the goal of empowering youth to pioneer the next generation of aviation and aerospace, the Aerospace Education Foundation of Huntington Beach (AEFHB) proudly announces its kickoff event, presented by The Boeing Company, to take place on Saturday, October 22 at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach, in Huntington Beach, Calif.
The AEFHB lifts off in the midst of the inaugural Breitling Huntington Beach Airshow (Oct. 21 – 23), bringing the aviation spotlight to Huntington Beach with the Air Force Thunderbirds and Breitling Jet Team as the headliners to this premier airshow on the West Coast.
“The AEFHB has been founded with the mission and belief that every young person with a dream of being part of the aerospace or aviation industries deserves the chance to make that dream come true. It’s our goal to break down the barriers of entry to these fields and to help support the next generation of pioneers,” says Dan Page, Lt. Colonel (retired) and executive director of Aerospace Education Foundation of Huntington Beach.
The Foundation plans to provide scholarships, grants, and mentoring programs to youth who have demonstrated scholastic excellence and a keen interest in the aerospace and aviation fields. The Foundation, which will ultimately own the HB Airshow, is the beneficiary of the net proceeds of the show.
Leading the organization is an esteemed Board of Directors of accomplished community leaders who also have collectively more than 150 years of experience in military and civilian aviation and aerospace.
“The founding board members share a depth of experience and commitment to youth that will ensure this organization becomes a vital education and career driver for the industry,” explains Page.
The Foundation board members include:
● Dan Page is the executive director of the Foundation and a Huntington Beach local. He retired from Boeing as the director of Airlift Programs Business Development, served 22 years as an Army officer, and retired as director, US Army C-17 Office;
● George Muellner retired from Boeing as president of Advanced Systems for the Integrated Defense Systems, served 31 years in the U.S. Air Force, and retired as a lieutenant general from the position of principal deputy for the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition in Washington, D.C. He is the past president and has served on the board of the Air Force Association, and has been a private pilot for more than 35 years;
● Larry Davis is retired from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers after 31 years of service at the rank of brigadier general. He has operated his own consulting firm since 2005 and volunteers with Habitat of Humanity,
● Brett Barnes is the managing partner of Duke’s Restaurant in Huntington Beach. He received the 2014 Business Person of the Year award from the Huntington Beach Chamber of Commerce, and also sits on the Executive Committee of Visit Huntington Beach;
● Curt Castagna is the President and CEO of the Aerolease and Aeroplex business entities, a current member of the board of directors for the National Air Transportation Association and a certified member of the American Association of Airport Executives. Castagna has been a private pilot for more than 30 years;
● Jeff Snow is the President of Rainbow Environmental Services and an active member of the community involved in Rotary, Chamber of Commerce and other organizations. His recent honors include the Huntington Beach Business Person of the Year 2015-2016 and the coveted 2016 Peacemaker Award from the Interfaith Council.
The Aerospace Education Foundation of Huntington Beach kickoff event, which begins at 6:30 pm, includes silent and live auctions featuring a Chronomat 44 Breitling Jet Team American Tour Watch, and Suzuki motorcycle, buffet dinner, cocktails and a meet-and-greet with select Airshow performers. Tickets for the event are $100 per person. Table and other sponsorships are available. For more information about the Aerospace Education Foundation of Huntington Beach kick off event, please visit http://aefhb.com/ or call 714/841-6777 to purchase tickets.
The Breitling Huntington Beach Airshow will take place Oct. 21 – 23, with Friday Oct. 21 serving as a rehearsal day. The Saturday and Sunday events will include four hours of astonishing aerial acrobatics featuring the Breitling Jet Team, the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds, Michael Goulian, Kirby Chambliss, Bill Stein, David Martin, an F-18 Super Hornet Demonstration, Jack Link’s Screamin’ Sasquatch Jet Biplane, Lyon Air Museum’s C-47 Dakota and a flyover by FedEx. For more information about the airshow, parking and transportation and exciting exhibits, please visit www.hbairshow.com.
Connect with the airshow on social media at http://www.facebook.com/hbairshow, Twitter and Instagram – @hbairshow and #hbairshow.